Position Type: Full Time/Contract
Location: Remote with up to 30% National travel-subject to travel guidelines due to COVID-19
The role of the Data Governance Business Analyst is to provide the analytical and technical support required to advance the objectives of the enterprise data governance program, promote data policies and standards, enable automation of data management workflows, and enhance the effectiveness of the growing network of business data owners and enterprise data stewards at clients of Information Asset.
Responsibilities include the capture and synthesis of business requirements to manage data, the conceptual design of future state concept of operations, the configuration and expert level assistance and best practice guidance around relevant tools and technologies, and the establishment and evolution of various communities of practice facilitating communication and coordination across domains, departments, geographies, etc.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Document, assess, influence, and synthesize business requirements to develop, enable, and advance data governance and stewardship capabilities
- Serve as a dedicated liaison to a community of Data Governance Professionals and other stakeholders by providing mentorship and guidance on data governance processes, capabilities, and best practices
- Be the expert in the use of, establish standards for, configure, and provide guidance on data governance technologies with a concentration on the data glossary and catalog tools
- Ensure that the best interests of both data producers and consumers of the information are in alignment
- Support Business Data Owners and Data Stewards
- Facilitate and promote usage and adoption of the data governance tools, particularly among business users
- Utilize the data quality technology to design and develop rules, mappings, and transformations to measure and improve the quality of data as well as routines and algorithms to identify and match potential duplicate records
- Design, deploy, and execute workflows to automate data quality procedures and escalate identified exceptions and defects to Business Data Stewards for remediation
- Develop candidate Key Performance Indicators and dashboards to measure the success and ROI of the data governance program with a concentration on the data glossary and catalog
- Maintain and promote key data governance deliverables/assets, including data policies, data standards, and data management roles and decision frameworks.
- Support design of future state concept of operations through the analysis of business process models and data flow diagrams
- Interact with business and technical peers in the evaluation of emerging industry trends and technologies relevant to data management
- Ability to facilitate client workshops and meetings
- Excellent written and verbal skills • Understand functional and technical aspects of metadata and Data Governance
- Deep understanding of requirements of management processes
- Experience with data governance principles, business glossaries, data standards and data quality
- Team player
Working Environment/Travel Requirements:
This is a remote working position and you will be expected to work out of a home office with high-speed internet and phone connection to enable a seamless virtual presence.
This position requires up to 30% national travel. Subject to prevailing conditions due to Covid-19 travel guidelines.
- 5+ years’ experience working with large enterprises
- 7+ years’ experience being a Business Analyst
- Consulting experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent work experience